Monday, December 21, 2009

SNOW!!

We had the most wonderful blizzard here over the weekend! What a gift of beauty! It didn't hurt one bit to be snowbound with my darling, LM, either. Although, I must say he had to work so hard to get us shoveled out. I was finally free to come to work by noon today.As I sit at my desk, now, at the end of the daylight, the low setting sun is casting the most beautiful light across the fresh snow and laden trees.

Despite my missing Mum and Dad, LM made the weekend so special and loving, that I just felt so happy and safe. The feelings of loss seemed to evaporate as soon as I was within reach of a hug or touch, and I am sure that made Mum and Dad happy.

It was fun to be with Ms G and to witness her catch her very first real mouse this weekend. Proud little girl and she is now a true heroine in LM's eyes!

We had a lovely early Christmas dinner with LM's daughter, Meg on Saturday night, and were very pleased to get to know her new beau, Hosea. He was a wonderful guest, very interesting, and we were so pleased to see how respectful he is of Meg. A very happy evening! It brought us both to that "all's well with the world" feeling to see Meg so happy. That is all we want for our children. (we were having such a good time that I forgot about taking a photo of the adorable couple....next time).

With the countdown to Christmas on, we feel ready, and look forward to time with baby Teddy and with Sara and her family, as well as with Kristi. It is peaceful, and I'm wishing the same for all of you, too, my dear readers!!
Merry Christmas, once more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I listened to the weather channel - they were saying Cape Cod may get 60 mph winds and up to 16 inches of snow! thought of you all safe and warm at LM's. When your with your honey, have lots of food in, who cares what it does outside!! Glad your dinner was warm and fun.
Congrats to Ms G and her first real mouse!!Way to go G!! lol...Merry Christmas HO HO HO...debbie