Sunday, March 18, 2012

Samantha's Quilt





FINALLY, everyone is healthy and we were able to celebrate Samantha's 5th birthday. Above are pictures of the quilt I made for the guest of honor....(Blogger would not allow me to add text above this point)....Samatha in Uncle Jason and Aunt Alison's living room before the party.  She and Teddy were delighted to see each other...

Hello Kitty was the theme for the day.....Samantha's special place at the table came complete with a theme tiara.
"Grampa" Lou incited a lot of fun with balloons
Teddy a bit wistful as he waited for the birthday girl to blow out the candles
Alison and Kristi (all decked out for St. Patrick's Day)

Nana and Teddy waiting for Samantha to open her quilt

Teddy and Jason watch the festivities.....

I just loved Samantha's reaction when she saw the quilt and began to see all the special kitty fabrics.

Worth every stitch! 

Many apologies for the long silence here.  It has been so frustrating to try each day to post, only to be thwarted by Blogger.....
Anyway, I've just finished another long stint of dogsitting, and very happy to be back in my own house tonight and my bed is looking better every minute, after a full day of yard work at LM's.  We have made amazing progress at taming so many vines and plants, and just before I left an hour ago,
we took a walk around and gave ourselves a high 5 for all the accomplishments.  We have finally closed in on eradicating the runaway wisteria and English ivy....there is no way I can describe how over run it all was....including many trees filled to the top.  It was a beautiful day and we chalked up all the work to an ideal workout, plus, we do have fun working together outside.

I am happy to report that Marty is doing so much better.  Working with a psychiatrist at a hospital in St. Louis, they seem to have come up with a solution to stop the "voices in his head, and stop the seizures, as well as bring him back to total awareness of who he is!  There are still some tremors to cope with, and he is also trying to regain precious strength lost during the long hospitalization.  What a relief, and. once again, deep appreciation goes out to everyone for the positive thoughts and caring.
There are many more posts waiting.....and some fun stuff featuring Ms G!
Love to all!

6 comments:

Linda said...

So glad to hear from you. I had wondered what was going on. I always look forward to posts about Ms. G.

Isn't it wonderful when grandchildren appreciate what you make for them?

Sally Wessely said...

The quilt is simply amazing. I loved the reaction your granddaughter had. She was just taking every square in, I could tell. This will be a real treasure to her as she goes throughout her life.

I'm glad to hear your brother is doing better. I've missed seeing your posts. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Goody! Your back and I want to tell you that quilt is absolutely beautiful!! Love the colors and all the little kitties! Yes, the expression and her little hands clasped together!! Priceless!!

Glad to hear that Marty is doing better and getting things under control. He continues to be in my prayers. Have missed you and Ms G!!....debbie

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

the quilt is beautiful.
someone is very fortunate
to have you work so hard with him.

Judy said...

WONDERFUL!!! On all fronts!

swhitman1964 said...

What a time we had at Samantha's party. She will not go to bed without her comforter wrapped around her and she has to show everyone. As to the news about Marty I am so glad to hear of him doing better, My thoughts and prayers have been with him an the family.