Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Phlox are Phloxing


Son, Jason, sent me this shot of their back garden last night.  It is amazing how the phlox have spread down over their rock retaining wall in so few years.

I've been working for 6 days to try to post about our trip to Maine, Easter and a few other things, all to no avail. I will try again tonight.

May you all be having the beautiful sunshine we have today....sending love, and thoughts to my sister Margaret today, as she moves to assisted living with her husband and cat, Brenda. I know she has lots of help, professional and family but I sure wish I could be there in Ontario today to help. We wish them years of happiness and relief in their lovely new home.

6 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

That is some huge rock garden! All the best to your sister, husband, and kitty, too. :)

Linda said...

Phlox bring back wonderful memories. My mother always had phlox growing in her flower beds.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I remember your visit to her home. Was that last year? I hope they will be happy in their new digs! Lot less to clean I'm sure!! The Phlox are just BEAUTIFUL!! WOW! NEAT photos!!...debbie

Sally Wessely said...

Those phlox are just stunning. I would love to have a rock garden like that.

Judy said...

I hope they have many years of easy living in their new apartment. It must have been a difficult decision for them, though, but....glad they are together along with kitty.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beautiful - hopefully I can stay here in the woods..