Saturday, August 16, 2014

Happiness

I started this post a few days after the move but just haven't had time to send it off to you. 
Good Morning from my new home!!
Just wanted to stop by after such a long absence, to tell you that the move went beautifully, and I am settling in, with a lot of help.  Teddy made this sign to welcome me on Sunday.
LM and I went to an outdoor waterfront cafe on the night before the move, and shared some time of reflection along with out lobster rolls
Add caption
Among the cutest moving day helpers, was the coordinator of my shoes. Each day he stops in to check that they are perfectly positioned in the closet.


My own personal interior decorator arrived to help unpack and arrange my bedroom into a beautiful haven....putting away my incredible collection of cat socks, here!

My sweet new bookcase was perfectly assembled by LM and filled decorously by Sue and Teddy.

My Nana's did the needlepoint on this sweet chair.
My sitting room in the early stages of arrangement.
My bed, ready to become my new haven.
The incredibly loving and helpful LM setting the table on the deck for dinner. 

With almost a week here now, I am feeling more settled each day, but also experiencing a wide range of emotions.  Today is a teary and tired day and I am laying low until LM arrives. We are scheduled to walk at a waterfront park and have dinner out this evening. It is so strange to feel like something major has changed between us (it hasn't really) and to feel terribly lonely amidst people I love so much.  Moving and retirement carry the reputation of throwing one off-kilter, so I will just roll with things and continue floating along.  This week I had several nice reunions who now live near me again, and I have a party/reunion with a nice group of women I worked with, to enjoy.

Being with Teddy each day is a joy. He has quite a range of moods but our times alone are very special and sweet.

Love and peace!!


4 comments:

Balisha said...

So glad to hear that you are getting settled in your new home. It looks like you have lots of helpers. Dear Teddy...with your shoes on.
Hope you continue to thrive with all that love around you.
Balisha sends hugs

Judy said...

I honestly don't know if I could do it, Marcia. Even if I moved back to my home, where my daughter is living now, it would just feel so strange, so different than having the place all to myself. At least you have a sitting room where you can be alone, if you want. It's nice that you are in an area where you still have friends. In my opinion, you are beyond courageous!!! It is what it is and we just have to roll with it.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

So very very
happy for you...

Sharon said...

Your new haven becomes you. So glad you shared photos and were honest about the range of emotions. Because something is right and good does not mean it is easy. In the midst of it all you have been sensitive to what these changes mean to those around you, too. May you feel peaceful and at ease ~