Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Foggy Thaw and Gratitude

The fog has crept in on its little cat feet and is beginning to thaw out the mountains of snow surrounding us here on Cape Cod. The streets are still difficult and dangerous to navigate (at least in neighborhoods) as the ice is so thick, and our beaches are littered with huge ice bergs, some as big as small houses.  It has been an interesting winter!  Because of my knee replacement surgery and recovery, the weather hasn't impacted my life too terribly, and I have enjoyed watching it all out the window.  Now I am out and about everyday in the sunshine and really loving my new lease on life.
Today I will visit the surgeon and have a check on the knee progress, then he should give me a script for out-patient PT and that will begin a whole new busy phase, and lift my spirits as we come in to spring. Yes, my spirit is a bit low....not sure why, but I've experienced this everytime I've had surgery and know it will pass. I am seeking out stores to walk in everyday as it is still too icy to walk on the streets.

The grass is exposed in areas, and I find myself thinking I may be able to have a little area to garden here. At the front of the house there is a high stone retaining wall and set in to the top are planters on either side of the front steps all the way along. I'd like to fill them with bright colors....I think we are already to have color after our submersion in white. We shall see how Jason and Alison feel about me taking over that part of their lovely gardens. It would be an easy place, as I can stand to do planting and weeding.

Love to all.......


3 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Hoping so you will be able to
have a small garden :)
Snow has melted, a lot of rain
and mud...
Do not like the mud and just finished hosing my car off
and garage floor.
You are healing
good ...

Judy said...

I'm sure the kids will love having you take over part of their garden to plant bright colors--just so they don't have to take care of it :-)

So glad you are getting out and about!

Wisewebwoman said...

Your thinking about flowers tells me you are getting better. A slow process but our dreams sustain us :)

XO
WWW